MAKE SOME EXTRA INCOME BY TRADING ONLINE. KEY LAGOS MARKETS TO EXPLORE



Trading is an excellent side hustle and if you live in Lagos Nigeria, the opportunities are endless. Here are a few places to shop for items for your online business. 

DIY paint

Ojota Chemical Market: 

1. What are side hustlers shopping for?

Perfume oils. Those small bottled oils you buy via Instagram for 1000 Naira and above (laughs),  you don't want to know how much they cost at the market. 

Bulk Sanitizers for resale. This is illegal because the products have not gone through NAFDAC approval. 

Plastic bottles, jars, and other packaging containers: Which you can resell to other entrepreneurs.  

Skincare ingredients. But you'd need some training before you go into the skincare trade. 

Paint: This is by far the most fascinating for me. I love the fact that there are vendors that produce quality house paint at a better price than what you will find at the paint stores. I personally made some satin paint for my room and I am in love with the results. 



Lagos Island Market: 

This is literally the hub of side hustlers because you can get anything here for resell: clothes, Hair (yes hair), kitchen items, shoes, and the list is endless. 

Hair extensions: If you are interested in buying hair extensions, there are distributors in the market that sell in bulk, and a lot of people shop at those stores. A lot of Instagram sellers claim that they import their own hair but that's not always true. These guys offer good prices and you can inspect what you want to buy before you pay. 

Groceries: I  buy imported groceries from this market for my hamper business. December is coming so let me be your plug for the best hampers. 

Ebute Ero market:  I make party souvenirs and I get everything I sell (kitchen tools and appliances, towels, flasks, dinnerware, and so on) from this market. Printing services are also available within the market so it's a one-stop place for party souvenir vendors. 

Makeup products: Kuddy cosmetics is a key seller here. Although there is no guarantee on the quality of what you buy. I guess you can always make a complaint and you would learn from experience. I know for sure that many big supermarkets in Nigeria buy their cosmetics from Lagos Island. 

Perfume: Almost all the online vendors shop for designer perfumes at a few stores. I've got a few contacts in the trade. So let me know (in the comments) if you are interested in exploring the perfume market or any other section of the market. I will link you up. 

Again the Lagos island market is one of the key markets in Nigeria. Literally, this market accounts for billions of Naira in daily commercial transactions. 

I've toured the market to a large extent but the most fascinating segment for me is where wrist watches and jewelry are sold.

Ajegunle (Boundary) market: If you are interested in reselling books, then you should check this place out. 

Yaba Market: All thrift fashion items and bedroom essentials. I don't know how feasible it is to sell old towels but a lot of Lagosians (and I mean a lot ) seem to be into thrift sportswear. A couple of times I have bumped into people from my neighborhood (who have money) shopping for sportswear at Yaba.

Also worthy of note is the Trade fair market Alaba. My sister shops there and I hear it's a great place for hair, cosmetics, home improvement items, and electronics. 

So, these are valuable trade secrets. I do hope that you start exploring these places and start making some side hustle money soon. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STEPHEN DUNEIER'S STRATEGY FOR ACHIEVING GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS LEVEL SUCCESS IS SO EASY, IT'S UNBELIEVABLE .

IMAGINE MESSING UP A BIG BREAK, YUP THAT HAPPENED TO ME ONCE. HERE'S WHAT I LEARNT!

BG REACTIONS: THE SILHOUETTE CHALLENGE