I'M A SELF DEVELOPMENT BLOGGER BUT I'M ALSO HUMAN


I don't really like motivational speakers. They sometimes come across as disingenuine. Just my bias.

I guess not all motivational speakers are like this. I mean, I think Mel Robbins and Toni Robbins are great (No, they are not a couple) but I also think that the self-help space is filled with so many "aspire-to-Inspire-to-Perspire" folks.  I mean people who just put words together to gas you up for nothing! 

Regardless, I believe in self-development and I blog about this field based on the knowledge I have gained over the years and my own lived experience. But I don't want you to think that my life is perfect because of the things you read on my blog. I'm a work in progress. 

This article is a peek into my personal life. So you know some of the things I'm struggling with and the steps I am taking to overcome them. 

1. Fear of being alone. 
I use the word, "alone" just because "abandoned" is such a strong word. I grew up having best friends who moved on with their lives after our paths divulged. I mean that even when I reached out to these people years later, they acted like I was a stranger. My mum's passing also added to this fear because we were really close. 
So, I tend to be clingy especially with people that I really like. 
Working to overcome this fear is understanding that people need their space. I also try to keep myself engaged by pursuing my interests. 
 

3. Resistance.  I  define resistance as everything preventing me from reaching my goals.  As much as I would love a blog that is widely read and appreciated, I'm afraid of failing and hesitant about spending on paid advertising even though I know my blog needs visibility. Anyway, I've given myself a deadline (November 30th)  to pay for one promoted post on Twitter. 

My blog is about my life and my journey to actualize my most audacious dreams and my hope in documenting this journey of becoming myself (in parallels of people like Oprah,  Michelle Obama, and Ibukun Awosika) and sharing important lessons with you is that you too will be inspired to nurture your life with intention!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STEPHEN DUNEIER'S STRATEGY FOR ACHIEVING GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS LEVEL SUCCESS IS SO EASY, IT'S UNBELIEVABLE .

MY ACADEMIC SUCCESS STORY: HOW I WENT FROM BEING AN F STUDENT TO A B STUDENT

BG REACTIONS: THE SILHOUETTE CHALLENGE