2020 IS COMING TO AN END, ITS TIME TO TAKE STOCK



The light bulb moment for me this year was realizing that I needed to work on my self-esteem. This realization actually came from wanting to blog about everything I did wrong this year. 

And at that moment,  I was like, "wait a minute. Why am I always self-reflecting on the negative?"

So, as a step in the right direction, I'm flipping that mindset over and writing about all the things I did right year-round. 

1. I confronted one of my biggest fears: 

I took an exam I was afraid to take. 16 years ago, I took a similar exam and I failed- and that failure marked me because I felt that I had given my best efforts. This time around I went above and beyond and I'm happy I passed.

2. I stuck to being a consistent blogger.  This year, I've written 51 articles on this blog. This one makes 52 by the way. This is more than twice everything I had written on this blog before 2020. Can you imagine! 

3. I lost weight. This is almost happening by chance but I noticed that by eating fewer groundnuts throughout the day,  I am able to drop weight little by little. 

4. I was a lot more vulnerable this year. Sometimes I put myself in situations where I had more to lose than to gain, but what matters more to me is that I put myself out there. 

More often than not, I chose courage over fear. Whether it was by volunteering in a health outreach in a remote village or getting on a canoe to cater to underserved communities in Lagos. Even spending money to advance my career took a lot of courage. 

5. I tried more often than not to be my authentic self. I showed off more of who I am on social media, to my friends, to my love interests. This year I was more interested in people knowing me. I was more expressive. 

6. I did my job to the best of my abilities. One of the things I learned from being mentored by Mrs. Awosika  (bragging right, I'm not sorry, lol) is to see the value in everything that I do.  I feel lucky to have my job but I've also come to understand that I'm offering value to my company.

I'm hoping for a brighter 2021. May God keep all of us till then. Cheers. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STEPHEN DUNEIER'S STRATEGY FOR ACHIEVING GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS LEVEL SUCCESS IS SO EASY, IT'S UNBELIEVABLE .

MY ACADEMIC SUCCESS STORY: HOW I WENT FROM BEING AN F STUDENT TO A B STUDENT

BG REACTIONS: THE SILHOUETTE CHALLENGE