ANOTHER AGRO INVESTMENT IN CRISIS - MY ABADINI EXPERIENCE


I'm a huge fan of agro-tech investments because I think increasing local food production would greatly strengthen our economy. However, agriculture is not always the safest place for anyone to put their money.

Last year, I had some issues with my investments with Thrive Agric. However, the good news is that they've paid back a considerable amount and I can certainly remark that there's light at the end of the tunnel. 

But just as I was recovering from that mishap with Thrive Agric, I found out that my investment with Abadini farms was in trouble. 

I was introduced to Abadini farms through a private cooperative and up until 2020 everything was running smoothly with these guys. But since last year, they've defaulted in payments and have blamed this on losses they suffered due to drought. Of course, I don't know what to make of their explanations, I can only hope that my money gets paid back eventually. 

But the point of sharing this information is to raise some awareness regarding the risks of investing in agriculture. Actually, let me be honest, the point of this article is to subtly call out Abadini and provide a public review that might save someone else some headache in the future. 

I also believe that there are a lot of lessons for local crowdfunding start-ups to learn here about crisis management and public relations. With Thrive Agric, I was particularly impressed with the extent of stakeholder engagement. They were having monthly virtual meetings with us and created a tracker where investors could monitor when they were actually going to get paid. With Abadini however, engagement has not been strong enough. 

Anyway, apparently, I get coconut head, I no dey hear word because, despite challenges with these agro-techs, I continue to invest in agro related opportunities. And this is because they make sense to me. There's a market to mop up what farmers produce, everything else being equal. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STEPHEN DUNEIER'S STRATEGY FOR ACHIEVING GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS LEVEL SUCCESS IS SO EASY, IT'S UNBELIEVABLE .

MY ACADEMIC SUCCESS STORY: HOW I WENT FROM BEING AN F STUDENT TO A B STUDENT

BG REACTIONS: THE SILHOUETTE CHALLENGE